That's Just Speechie!

The wandering ramblings of a Speechie Student at the UofA.

Friday, January 06, 2006

Postscript

My name is Elizabeth. I know, I know - you all know that. But many of you also know that I go by the WHOLE thing. Not Liz. Not Betty. Not Beth. For a short while a friend called me Elle (or El?) and that was Ok, but it never caught on. When you're called Elizabeth, everyone wants to call you Liz. Nevermind that you introduced yourself as "Elizabeth" and you never once indicated interest in being called Liz.... Poor Hilary spent about calling me "Liz... Abeth" as she tried her best to agree with my grouchy demands about being called Elizabeth! Well - that's all changed now.

My Czech teacher calls me Ela. (Pronounced as Ella). The Czech version of Elizabeth is Eliška (uh-LISH-kuh) (which I also love - you could call me that, too!) and the short form (I guess) is Ela. I quite like it. So if you're inclined to shorten my name, go for Ela. I promise not to bite your head off. My mum is another story .... I named you Elizabeth. I didn't name you Liz. Why on earth would people call you Liz if I named you Elizabeth?

Love...

Elizabeth
Ela
Eliška

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home