That's Just Speechie!

The wandering ramblings of a Speechie Student at the UofA.

Sunday, January 01, 2006

Happy New Year

Hello all, and a very happy new year to each of you! I hope you all had lovely Christmases - I know I did. :)

Lucy's friends on the Isle are absolutely lovely. They were so nice to me the whole time I was there. On Thursday night we had cheese and biscuits at one of her friends' homes, and that was great. Christmas needs more cheese and biscuits in Canada. Indeed. Anyhoo, it was such a great evening, just sitting around listening to everyone chat with each other, and getting to hear lots of stories about people that I'll probably never meet!

New Year's Eve was fun, too. We went to a dance called the Hipshaker, that's all 60s music, and it was a hoot! The music was great, and tons of people were dressed up like crazy folk (I saw oompa loompas!), so that was awesome. The only not awesome part was when a very drunk girl threw up all over my coat. Eeeew - gross. But I got that under control with only minor gagging, and got it all dealt with.

I was so sad to say goodbye to the Isle this morning - I had such a wonderful, relaxing time there, and being part of an adopted family. I even got to read a couple of very good books, which makes an ideal holiday for me!

The trip home was tiring (I napped for an hour between the dance and the ferry), but we snoozed all the way along, and it was Ok. And now I'm back in Prague, feeling wildly homesick, and wishing I could see my own family. That's how great Lucy's family and friends are!! I was perfectly content while I was there, and I didn't want to leave!

I love you all, and hope you all had happy holidays. I'd love to hear all your stories. :)

Love,
Elizabeth

2 Comments:

  • At 8:56 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sounds like you had a really good time. I'm glad to hear it! You may be waiting a LONG time for that package though, apparently sometimes it can take months for packages to make it to Europe if you chose the land-sea version instead of land-air.

     
  • At 8:56 a.m., Blogger Karlie said…

    Whoops, that would be me up above (Karlie).

     

Post a Comment

<< Home