That's Just Speechie!

The wandering ramblings of a Speechie Student at the UofA.

Friday, January 06, 2006

Friday Night!

Hi all!

Well, it's Friday, and I'm feeling rather accomplished. Why? Well, because I got lots done, duh!

First, I taught my two classes, and they went well. Had to do a bit of rescheduling in order to be able to go to AUSTRIA in TWO WEEKS, but I got all of that sorted out. The only bummer is that one of my students has several trips this month, and therefore had to cancel a number of lessons. :( That is going to make it a bit harder to go to MUNICH in FEBRUARY, but I'll manage!! *

Then, I went out to Skrivanek and did my photocopying for next week. I found some good stuff for a lesson about "conversational etiquette" in the USA. (Is there really such a thing?) A student is taking a business trip to the states, and wanted some tips. I was completely cracked up by one website that states that Americans are very interested in star signs, and that you will likely be asked about your zodiac sign. Uh huh. Anyway, I thought it was a neat idea, so we're going to talk about the characteristics of the different signs and see how accurate he thinks they are about people he know. Then if some American asks him about his sign, he can answer!

I put together my review packets for my classes next week, too, so that makes me feel pretty good. I figure a lot of the test will be similar to the review: same grammar, different words. It shouldn't be too bad to put the rest of the test together, either - there are so many resources at my company, so I'll put in some reading comprehension and some paragraph writing and be set!!

I also - wait for it - MAILED MY SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS! wOOt!! :D Such a weight is off of my shoulders!! Of course, I'm now convinced that I signed the declaration "Jan. 1, 2005" instead of "2006," but I probably didn't, and even if I did, there's nothing to be done about it now! Now I'm praying a) that I get into one of my schools, and b) that the gov't sees fit to gift me with a generous donation to the "Send Me To School" fund. My excitement is tinged with some sadness though - it cost 250 kC ($12 CDN) to mail the things, because I had to have 5 copies of everything. :( But if they hand over $15 000 (the amount of the scholarship available to Masters' students) then I suppose it's worth it. Oh dear. Must. Not. Get. Hopes. Up.

Now I'm hanging out at home, contemplating what to have for dinner. Then it will be off to Bible study, where I'll see my friends that I haven't seen in two or three weeks now, which is exciting.

Bye!

Love,
Elizabeth

*Have you noticed that I'm excited about travelling?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home