That's Just Speechie!

The wandering ramblings of a Speechie Student at the UofA.

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Oh man, I suck

Hi guys,

well, obviously the daily posting has taken a dive. However, I just don't always seem to have time to post - but I'm not doing anything all that exciting, so when I DO have time, I don't have much to say!

My week has been good so far. My classes are going well, and I managed to drill a complex grammar point into a couple of my students, so that pleases me greatly. They were a bit sick of the exercise, but at least they now understand it! A lot of my students have continued to cancel classes, which makes me sad, but it's beyond my control. I am letting go and not worrying about it. I know that God will provide some way or another (through generous family members - you know who you are, and thank you), and through substitute teaching, or maybe picking up another class or two. It shall all be Ok!

I'm meeting Tiffany for coffee tonight, which is necessary, because the weather sucks. It's cold, wet, snowy and slippy. It might require coffee with bailey's, or some such thing. Blech. Hopefully it blows over soon!!

Tomorrow is classes, photocopying (blech again!!), Czech lesson, and dinner with Courtney. Hopefully Ade and Lucy can come, too, because it's always fun when there's a group of us. Ade cracks me up! Then it's home to try and get a good night's sleep before leaving for Austria on Friday morning. I have a nasty cold (cough, runny/stuffy nose), and haven't been sleeping so well, so hopefully tonight and tomorrow are good.

I have a 7 hr train ride to Elly, so I'm going to do my student evaluations, and listen to music, and read, and sleep - mini holiday! I bought new batteries for the discman today - getting ready to go! I'm so thrilled!

I likely won't post til I'm back. I love you all, and hope you have great weekends!

Love,
Ela

2 Comments:

  • At 10:41 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Have an awsome time with Elly and give her a super big hug from me.

     
  • At 5:59 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hi elizabeth;

    I now have e-mail at home; it is "timbercheap@island.net". Please send me an e-mail ASAP to confirm that it is working.

    Did you vote? How's things going? Can't wait to chat. I may be able to tomorrow at work.

    Love,
    Michael

     

Post a Comment

<< Home