That's Just Speechie!

The wandering ramblings of a Speechie Student at the UofA.

Monday, January 09, 2006

Ahoj!

Hi everyone!

It's a wonderful Monday here! Why? Because of two things. 1) The temperature has dropped a bit (it's about -5*C), and the sun has come out and 2) I got a package!

I haven't seen the sun in about week, so I'm THRILLED that Mr Golden has decided to shine down on me! I certainly don't mind it being colder, although I've turned into a wimp, and I'm wearing tights under my jeans. Just think, last winter I was wearing just jeans and a hoody right up til it hit about -10... and now I'm wearing tights and a winter coat at -5!!

My most favorite person in the whole world right now is Karlie, because she sent me a care package. A care package! I love getting mail in general, but a care package? That's the kind of joy that you can ride for a couple of days! :D She sent me knitting needles, and yarn, and I'm going to try to knit some ankle socks. I've never knit socks before, so I hope I can figure it out. She also sent me *drools* Goldfish. I LOVE THE FISHES, CUZ THEY'RE SO DELICIOUS! And boy, DO I love the fishes! Yayayay! Thank you Karlie!

I was quite concerned about all those classes being cancelled, but it's going to be alright, because I picked up a new class today. It's a once a week, 90 minute, one-on-one at Skrivanek's other office. I'm quite looking forward to it. I need to find out more about the student, though, because I have no idea what level s/he's at, and that makes it hard to plan an introductory lesson. I like to play games for intro lessons, if possible. They help you relax! Ah relaxing.

Tomorrow I'm going to Hlavni Nadrazi (the main train station) to buy my train ticket for Austria! Eek! I love it when trips start to feel more real because you're actually doing things that mean you'll get there, instead of just daydreaming about it. I don't know what I'm going to do there, or what all I'll see, but I know that Elly'll be there, and that's all that really matters! I'm sure that she knows of a few good places to spend some time at, and I'm fairly confident that we can entertain ourselves! Just think, only 11 more days!

Ok. I'm off to read for a bit before heading to my afternoon/evening classes. I love you all!

Love,
Ela

3 Comments:

  • At 8:44 a.m., Blogger Karlie said…

    Oh yay I'm so glad you got it! It makes me feel better to know that you're happy today (since I have a realy bad cold, I'm not sure if I'm making it to shcool today or not).

    Love

     
  • At 1:34 p.m., Blogger Elizabeth said…

    I almost forgot - thank you for the socks! They are SOOOO cute. I just love giraffes!

     
  • At 4:27 p.m., Blogger Karlie said…

    I know you do silly :) I looked all over for giraffe socks, I thought your old pair might be wearing out. Plus one can never have too many cool socks.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home