That's Just Speechie!

The wandering ramblings of a Speechie Student at the UofA.

Saturday, January 07, 2006

I Love a Quiet Saturday

Evening all! How was your Saturday? Mine was lovely.

I spent the morning do chore-y things. Lesson planning, laundry, making up a salad for lunch - just puttering. I love a good putter. :) I spent the afternoon listening to country music and reading Adrian Plass books. I was going to ration them out but - well, they're addictive! I read three of them today. :) Just as good this time around as they were the first time. "Can I have a jerbil for the coffee machine?"

Then this evening was Narnia with Tiffany. It was WONDERFUL. The casting was FABULOUS. I absolutely detested Edmund at first, but liked him at the end (just like I did in the book!), and the Queen was incredible. I always pictured Jadis as dark-haired, but the blond was very effective. Also, the beavers' lodge was exactly how I always pictured it! Oh man people, I highly recommend this movie. The only change they made that I didn't like was the scene with Lucy healing Edmund. In the book, she doesn't want to leave him to help the other wounded, and Aslan gently reprimands her. I think that it made her more human, and I like the lesson it shows - we can't always cling to our personal worries, because we need to move on to help others. A lesson that I'm learning here in Prague, too!

I imagine tomorrow will be a quiet Sunday, as well. I'm fighting a sore throat, and I don't have any major plans. I may hit the library (love the library!), or maybe some friends will be up for going out for dinner. The morning, of course, will be spent at church. I'm so glad to be going to a Sunday service - it's been a few weeks since I've been to one. I miss the singing!

Well, my throat is hurty, so I'm going to go find the ibuprofen. Hope you all have a good weekend!

Love,
Ela

1 Comments:

  • At 9:35 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    OJ and tons of cough drops, good diet and sleep can help ward off the coming cold.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home