That's Just Speechie!

The wandering ramblings of a Speechie Student at the UofA.

Monday, January 16, 2006

The Alberta Ace

Hi guys!

How were your weekends? Mine was fabulous (minus being a bit homesick Saturday afternoon, but I'm starting to just accept that I'm probably going to miss home the whole time I'm here!). Friday, we went out for dinner at Courtney and Adrian's local, and it was yummy. I had their Cabman's Goulash, and it was excellent. I highly recommend bacon dumplings! They're dense like me, but so delicious! After that was Bible study, which was also good. I think I've mentioned that we're working on Malachi, and there's some really good stuff for group discussion in there.

Saturday was chores and lesson planning (less of both than I'd intended, but motivation has gone missing. Has anyone seen it...?) Then, Saturday night was poker night at Rob and Marta's. It was so much fun! 8 of us played Texas Hold 'Em for a couple of hours, and it was a really great way to spend the night. We bought in for 100 kC each, and when I cashed out, I had 196! Sweet! Perhaps I should give up teaching and join the professional poker circuit - or not. My poker name was The Alberta Ace. Don't look at me like that, Adrian assigned it!!

Sunday was church, and then I spent the rest of the day with Tiffany. We baked cookies and watched The Phantom of the Opera. The cookies were awesome, and the movie was decent, so it was a good day. Emmy Rossum can sing, but I don't think much of her acting. During the scene when she's singing "Think of Me" there's absolutely NO expression on her face aside from a vapid smile. Blech. But Gerard Butler - excellent! (And hot.)

So it was an excellent weekend. But somehow, I don't think it can compare with next weekend - when I will be with Elly in Austria. Oh yeah, folks... I'm super excited! (Did you guess that? Have I mentioned it before??)

So, have a good week, and I'll try to keep on top of the posting!

Love,
Ela

1 Comments:

  • At 5:53 a.m., Blogger Karlie said…

    THe perfect peformance of this would be Emmy Rossum as Christine (right age and vocal quality, unlike Sarah Brightman), Michael Crawford as Phantom (since he just NAILS that role) and ... darn it ... who ever it is that played Raoul in the movie. Cause he was amazing AND hot. I really didn't like what's-his-name that was Phantom in the movie. His voice was NOT suited at all, since he's obviously not a tenor and I didn't like his super angry-angsty Phantom. Plus I prefer it when they take it in the supernatural direction, like in the stage play.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home