That's Just Speechie!

The wandering ramblings of a Speechie Student at the UofA.

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Fridays are Lazy

Morning all. I got to sleep in this morning, since my student cancelled his classes this week - he's skiing in Italy, the lucky man! So I slept in, and then crawled out of bed to finally put up a blog post.

Thanks for all of the comments on my last post. It's amazing how your friends can support you from a zillion miles (and an ocean!) away! I did a lot of pondering yesterday (thanks for the word, Tyler), and I think God and I have sorted a few things out. I picture myself taking these tiny little steps forward, and occasionally a BIG one backwards, but I think I'm making progress.

I got an email from Bari yesterday confirming that we're on for Munich in 2 weeks. I'm going to the train station today to buy my ticket. Eeek! I'm excited again! It's pretty cool how I'm getting to do all of this travelling. My passport is beginning to confuse the authorities when they ask for it on the train because there are so many stamps. They have a hard time finding the most recent one! Excellent.

The University of Alberta sent me an email saying that if I'm in their top 40 applications, I could hear about acceptance as early as the end of February. That would be great! I hate how everything after April 27 kind of falls off into an abyss of "I don't have any information about what I'm going to be doing then." It's an excellent exercise in trusting God to pave the way to my future, but I like to think about things! I like to daydream about what comes next! And it's really hard when you have NO IDEA where you'll be, not even the province. However, I choose to trust God - and who knows, maybe something amazing'll happen. ("What are you waiting for, kid?" "I don't know... something AMAZING!" -The Incredibles)

Today is one class, photocopying, coffee with a friend, and Bible study. Tomorrow's a big blank - not sure what I'll do. Life has become very routine here, which I like, because it's soothing. And it's a routine that I generally enjoy (excepting the times when more stubborn students make me feel like beating my head against the blackboard). One exciting thing is that I got a care package from my mummy on Jan 25 - that she mailed on Jan 20. Uh huh. God worked a miracle through the US and Czech postal systems to help me cope with feeling sad on Tuesday and Wednesday! :)

Hope you all had great weeks.

Love,
Elizabeth

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home