That's Just Speechie!

The wandering ramblings of a Speechie Student at the UofA.

Sunday, November 27, 2005

Hope

Today is the first Sunday of Advent, so we lit the "hope" candle. It was a lovely church service, and it's definitely starting to feel Christmassy. I went out for lunch with Lucy, and we had just a lovely time, and when I got home...

Megan had put up a little Christmas tree! It's all decorated, and it was such a great surprise. It's just an adorable tree, and I can't wait to put a few presents under it. I'm definitely starting to feel festive! I'm even planning some holiday lessons - I'd like to do the Barenaked Ladies' "Elf's Lament" in a few of my classes. Yay for Christmas!

I might actually be a little tiny bit more festive than I intended - I seem to have accidentally dyed my hair pinky-red. I was aiming for a nice ruddy brown, but I think I bought hair dye to lighten dark hair (darn Czech instructions!), so that might have something to do with it. It's still wet right now, so I'll have to see what it looks like dry. Whoops! I'll try and take some photos. I have this lovely digital camera (thanks again mum and dad!!), but I can't seem to upload pics from it. At least, I haven't gotten it to work yet. I'm sure a little fiddling will sort it all out. So pictures of various things are on their way - just give me a bit of time!

And now I'm off. Dad and I are about to attempt the mystery of "voice chat" over MSN. Wish us luck!

Love,
Elizabeth

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home