That's Just Speechie!

The wandering ramblings of a Speechie Student at the UofA.

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

ahoj

Ahoj hoj all. I've been putting off this post all day, mostly because there's not much to tell! While dad was here we went non-stop, and did just about everything that there is to do in Prague, but now... well, it's back to the daily grind.

Today's been a good day, on the whole. All my regular classes went well, and I started a new one that rocks! Four mid-to-late twenty-somethings who work for a medical company (that makes dialysis equipment, I think?), and who seem very cool. They're very funny, and they like to talk, so it was actually easy to fill up the 90 minutes by playing introduction games and asking "have you ever" questions.

I was pretty blue when my dadeo left, but the old emotions have really settled down. Mum sent me this book called Becoming who God Intended. After the first read through, I thought it was a bit silly, but I've since reread it, and it's actually got a lot of good stuff in it. The author talks specifically about dealing with overwhelming feelings - which is exactly where I'm at a lot of the time!! :D Anyhoo, if you have the time and inclination, I'd suggest giving it a read, as it's an interesting take on emotions and being a Christian, and it has some excellent practical advice.

I picked up another 2 classes since I last mentioned class-picking-up, and my schedule is essentially full. I could, in theory, still pick up an hour or two, but if they don't come along, it doesn't really matter. I'm going to be really busy Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays, but Thursdays and Fridays are not so bad. Actually, Fridays are awesome. I finish work at 11:30! :D Yay for an early start to the weekend.

I leave for the Isle of Wight in one month! Wow! I can't believe that Christmas is coming so quickly. I'm really looking forward to spending the holiday with Lucy and her family - but I imagine there'll be some weepy moments. The plan is email Lucy's phone number home, and hopefully mum and dad and maybe a few other relatives will give me a call. (*hint hint*) I'm also excited to see the Isle of Wight - Lucy says it has some really quaint villages and such that are nice tour around in, so I think that'll be great.

Well, I'm off to work on my grad school applications. Please pray that the U of A accepts me, as that seems to be the best option financially right now. I'm applying there and at Dalhousie, so hopefully one of them lets this pilgrim in!

Love!

Elizabeth

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home