That's Just Speechie!

The wandering ramblings of a Speechie Student at the UofA.

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Three More Sleeps

That's right folks, just three more sleeps and my dad'll be here. How exciting! It actually doesn't seem real yet, I think mostly because I've had a lot on my mind lately. This intensive course starts tomorrow, and I'm definitely a teensy bit worried about it. I'm trying just to relax, and trust God to get me through it, but I still feel a bit worried. Please pray!

Today was an up and down day.

Ups:
- I got another 90 minute class! I just need between an hour and a half and three hours and half now to have a full schedule. Two other classes are now in discussion, but scheduling may be a bit of an issue. Praise God, though, that my schedule is filling up, and that there are still classes available! Yay!
- I taught 4 classes and didn't fall over dead.
- My care package (mailed nine or ten weeks ago) finally arrived. I don't have it yet, but at least it's in Prague.
- I'm starting Czech lessons for sure on Nov. 24 - here's hoping I learn something. :)
- I went to look through a store that's like Rona just to kill some time, and found that they have mice and rabbits and guinea pigs! I spent like half an hour watching these teeny little mice run around and play together. Very cute.
- I got pics of Jake from Hilary. I miss him, but he's so cute to look at! Apparently, he thinks I'm moving to Cuba, and that I'm going to live with him and his family when I move back to Canada. I'm not sure who he gets his info from... ;)

Downs:
- I went to get my package, and it's not at the post office that my last package was at. I didn't have time to go to the other post office. Hence, no package. :( I have to admit, I was so frustrated that I cried.
- I'm exhausted because I taught 4 classes today.
- I really want these two classes (though I'm praying that God will only give me the ones that he wants me to have)... and I still don't know if I'm going to get them or not. I don't like suspense!
- I'm worried about this intensive course.
- The internet bill came - it's for the installation and 2 mos. of service - and I owe Megan 675 Kc. I don't HAVE 675 Kc right now. Please hurry, pay day, please.
- I'm whiny. 'Nough said.

Well, that's really about it. I'm tired and grumpy, and you probably don't need to hear me go on and on about it!! I imagine that tomorrow will be a better day. And my daddy's going to be here in three more sleeps. :)

Love,
Elizabeth

1 Comments:

  • At 11:29 a.m., Blogger jenanne said…

    hello elizabeth!

    just letting you know that i'm thinking of you (& still trying to find more english slangisms)

    good luck with the classes, & the czech lessons! do you find you're learning much through daily osmosis?

    the coffee-glasses woman is funny funny. you could write a little zine all about crazy czech people! using power tools in their underwear, stirring beverages with eyeglass-arms, etc. :)

    i send you many good thoughts. have a lovely time with your dad!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home