That's Just Speechie!

The wandering ramblings of a Speechie Student at the UofA.

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Solar Powered

That's right folks, I do believe that I'm solar powered. Walking to the metro at 6:55 am this morning, I was all confused. Something was different. I was feeling good, practically strutting my way to Muzeum... what's going on? I wondered. Then it hit me. The sun was out. The sky was blue. It actually looked like daylight. The past 3 days have been completely overcast - day is only slightly less grey than evening, and it's kind of depressing. I think that's where part of the homesickness comes from - I need the sun!

Today was a good day. I normally only have one class on Tuesdays, but today I had 3, as I taught two make up classes. I have to miss a couple of my regular classes in order to do this intensive course, so I'm making up as many of them as possible... in order to a) keep the students happy b) keep my wallet full come payday on Dec. 15.

Speaking of pay day, I got leads on two more classes today. Wait, wait - hold the applause and wild cheering. I don't have these classes yet. They're still in the talking/planning/making schedules coincide stage. If I get them, awesome! And if they don't work out, then that's Ok. Right now they're mostly functioning as reminders that God can indeed provide me with all of the hours that I need. (But I must admit - I am praying that both of them work out, because it would be great to have two more classes). How exciting it is to watch God provide for me!!

Not that it's always easy to wait and watch. I'm still struggling with loneliness and homesickness. But seeing God provide for my classes is a boost towards trusting him with my emotions, too. I can't believe the growth that I've seen in these past two months, and I'll bet that I can't even imagine the growth that's yet to come. Hils - if men were threatened by my "independence" before, I'll have no hope of finding a man when I get back!! Little by little (and with lots more to come), I'm discovering that God and I can do anything!! With him by my side I can live abroad, find an apartment, find a job, make friends, find a church, and survive in a country where I don't speak the language. Can I get an amen? Amen!

Anyhoo, time to toddle off. Hope you're all happy and healthy.

Ciao ciao!

Elizabeth

1 Comments:

  • At 1:12 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Now I have to read your updates from computer labs at school...but I`m still as addicted as ever!
    Enjoy your visit with your dad.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home