That's Just Speechie!

The wandering ramblings of a Speechie Student at the UofA.

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Anecdote Alert!

Again with me forgetting the funny parts of my day...

I was waiting for my students to be ready to start class out at the car dealership today. The showroom has a waiting area with tables, chairs, magazines and a coffee machine, I suppose for the people who tag along with whomever is buying the car, and aren't needed to fill in the paperwork. While standing in this area today I noticed an older woman...

...she was sitting at one of the tables, reading a magazine of some sort. She was a large woman, wearing a dark green dress, white tights, and sports sandals. She looked a bit ... out of the fashion loop, if you will. She was wearing very large, plastic-framed glasses, and was peering through them at her magazine. She picked up her coffee, squinted at it, and set it back down. She took off her glasses, and stirred her coffee with the right arm of her glasses. She did this slowly, lazily - in a manner that suggested that this is how she frequently gets the cream, sugar, and coffee to combine in just the right melodic mixture. She then removed her glasses from her coffee...

...licked them off...

... and put them back on!

I was absolutely disgusted. Eeew!

And that's...

... the rest of the story.


Love,
E.

5 Comments:

  • At 11:11 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Maybe you find it disgusting, but I find it awesome.

     
  • At 12:35 a.m., Blogger Bari said…

    I was thinking the same thing, cc. The exact same thing.

     
  • At 5:47 a.m., Blogger Elizabeth said…

    CC - are you CC as in Christopher Chan, or are you someone else?? I'm just curious about who's reading this!

     
  • At 7:58 a.m., Blogger Rob said…

    Comment trade!

    Man, your blogging skills make me feel like a tiny fear demon. I have trouble getting motivated to post most of the time, though I'm sure my family would appreciate more regular posts like yours.

    And I dig the eyeglass coffee stirring - this is the sort of thing that separates us from the apes. ;)

     
  • At 2:03 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sounds like multi tasking to me!

    Hope you have a good time this next week.

    Amy and I are off to Victoria!

    Love Michael

     

Post a Comment

<< Home