That's Just Speechie!

The wandering ramblings of a Speechie Student at the UofA.

Friday, November 11, 2005

Pilgrim's Prague-ress Posting Pause

Ok, enough alliteration! This is likely going to be the last post that you'll see from me until Nov 20 or 21. Why? (Well, I'm sure you all know, but I'll tell you anyways). My dad arrives tomorrow morning! Yea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Therefore I'm more likely to spend my extra minutes chilling with him than writing blog posts. I'm so excited. In a little more than 16 hours, I'll be at the airport, picking him up. It almost doesn't seem real... I can't believe he's going to be here!

I'm also looking forward to the weekend just because it's the weekend. I've now completed 2 days of my five-day intensive course, and I'm wiped. 6 hours of English a day for one student is just too much. By the end of the day we're both tired and stressed, and losing patience. I hope that we don't end up burned out by Wednesday!! I must admit I'm kind of dreading Monday and Wednesday - both days I get up, teach a 7:30 - 8:30 am class, then do a 6 hour intensive course, and then teach from 5:30 til 7:00 pm. I think I might be dead by the time I get home!! But just think - my dad will be here! We can go out for supper, and then just crash at my flat or his hotel and play cards and backgammon and hang out. Knowing that I get to see him at the end of the day will make those days easier, I think.

Well, that's about all for now, folks. Tonight is Bible study, which I'm really looking forward to. Megan has been feeling unwell for over a week now (poor girl, I wish there was something I could do to make her feel better) and hasn't been feeling very social. It'll be nice to meet up with friends tonight to chat and to hang out, not to mention to study the Bible. :)

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

Love you!

Elizabeth

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home