That's Just Speechie!

The wandering ramblings of a Speechie Student at the UofA.

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Ciao ciao

Ahoj mes amies. How's things in ... well, wherever you are? Things in Prague are good! Good thing the first - the sun is actually attempting to shine today. I love sun. It's lovely to actually see it! Good thing the second - I slept through the night last night! The first time in - 2 or 3 weeks, I think. I didn't wake up once. Hurrah!

Today is a 4 class day, but there is enough time between classes 2 and 3 for me to come home, eat lunch, and mess about on the internet a bit. My morning classes were "quite good" (my Czech students rarely say that anything is full out "good..." it's "quite good" or "fair.") The first class showed up about half an hour late for class. They get later every week! I need to find out how long I have to stay before I'm allowed to leave and the class is considered a late cancellation. I figure if I leave before they get there one week, that should good them back on track. I love this class, because the students are so good-tempered, but showing up after a third of the class time has passed? That's a bit excessive. My second class was mint. Mint! I put together an "advanced adjectives" lesson by pulling bits from various books, and it flowed oh-so nicely. And it took exactly one hour! Brilliant! My time management is not always that precise. ;) The student seemed to enjoy it, too... minus feeling a bit stupid saying things like "Tired? I'm EXHAUSTED!" "Dirty? The kitchen is FILTHY!" with lots and lots of "expressive intonation."

I have the chance to pick up one or two more hour long classes. If I get them, my schedule will be officially FULL. How exciting! And even if I don't get them, I still have sufficient hours. God has most certainly been keeping an eye on me, and providing exactly what I need. The best part is that I actually all of my classes, and my students! (Some more than others, yes, but I don't have any classes that I actually don't want to teach.)

Well, that's all that's new here in the land of Wenceslas. Tomorrow is another 4 class day, and Thursday is 2 classes, my Czech lesson, and pub night. I'll keep you posted on what all goes down.

Love you all (well, except the lurkers that I don't actually know personally!),

Elizabeth

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home