That's Just Speechie!

The wandering ramblings of a Speechie Student at the UofA.

Sunday, November 06, 2005

Another Weekend

Hi folks!

It's Sunday afternoon here, and it's been a quiet weekend. Some of you know that it's been a bit rough this week, but I made it through. :) It's amazing what a walk through Wenceslas Square early in the morning can do for one's mood.

Friday night I stayed in with Megan, and we just hung out watching DVDs. She's been sick all week, and has been pretty bored and fairly miserable. Girls Night In was good, because it was so mellow. Unfortunately, it means that there's nothing exciting to tell you about.

Saturday, Megan was still feeling rough, and was looking for a medicentre to go to. She wound up finding a Doctor who makes housecalls! He showed up wearing a suit and carrying his black bag. He was very young and handsome, and very married. :( He was a sweetie, and got Megan on some antibiotics to help fight the GE (now we've both had it, so hopefully neither of us gets sick again). Neither one of us was feeling particularly ambitious, so we watched all six hours of Pride and Prejudice! It was great. We vegged on the couch, cooked a little lunch, and watched a little Austen. When we were done, I really needed to get out of the house, so I walked down to Tescos to buy some new pens. I also found a games compendium, that has thirty or so different games in it, including crib and backgammon! I trotted home, and promptly taught Megan how to play crib. Being a very logical person, she caught on right away, and now we can play crib together. :) Hurray!

I also went out Saturday night, to the Amerikan Country Club. They promise live country music right here in Praha! It was simply surreal. At one point, the woman was singing "House of the Rising Sun" in Czech. It was at that point that I got my drink, which was green and had a giraffe in it. Cool, since I collect giraffes. And no, I wasn't high! My drink really was green, and it had a little plastic giraffe floating in it. I associate giraffes with Czech country music, don't you? ;) It was a quiet evening, and I left fairly early.

Today, I was wide awake at about 7, so I got up and went for a little walk, enjoying how empty the streets are early Sunday morning. I went to church, which was great, especially since we sang a whole bunch of my favorite songs. I was formally introduced to the church as a new associate member, which was also cool. After church I went out for lunch with one of my new friends, Tiffany. We found this place that had sandwiches and desserts for a reasonable price (I said was cutting down on eating out, not cutting it out entirely!), and I had some really wicked chocolate cheesecake. Yum! This afternoon, Megan and I played some crib, and I wrote to my Grandma, and I tried to phone Jake to wish him a happy birthday (Happy Birthday Jacob!). Unfortunately, he wasn't at home, so I woke Brandon up for nothing (sorry Brandon!). I hope he has a great day.

Now it's a quiet evening at home. I'll likely read for a bit, and maybe do a wee bit of lesson planning. I'm hoping Megan feels up for watching a DVD and maybe playing some more crib. She's going to be so sorry that she agreed to learn how to play. ;)

Love you all! Keep those emails coming; I appreciate them more than I can say. If you're wanting to send, oh say, a Christmas card to Praha, let me know, and I'll send you my mailing addy.

Love,
Elizabeth

1 Comments:

  • At 2:16 p.m., Blogger Bari said…

    I hate that you found a crib board on this continent and I have yet to. Nicole and I are talking about making one. *sigh* I miss crib.

    There is something I've been meaning to say for a while, though: you mentioned a while ago that you heard that Dresden had a Wal-Mart and you were hoping to find some Canadian-esque toilet paper? They have it here, but it's pretty hard to find; even at Wal-Mart. See only the poor people (extremely poor people) use 2-ply. It is most common to find 3- or even 4-ply TP here. Oh, yeah!! It's wonderfully wonderful, and it isn't crazy colours or too soft or too tough! So you enjoy your crib and I will enjoy my heavenly toilet paper, so there!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home