That's Just Speechie!

The wandering ramblings of a Speechie Student at the UofA.

Monday, November 07, 2005

Doxology

Praise God from whom all blessings flow
Praise him all creatures here below
Praise him above ye heavenly host
Praise Father, Son and Holy Ghost
Amen.


You know, late last week I got a phonecall from Skrivanek. "Hi Elizabeth! We have a class on Tuesday afternoons that we'd like you to take." I got all excited.

"I'd love to take it!!"
"But what about your intensive course... is that on a Tuesday?"
"Oh, yeah, it is. And I have to spend one Tuesday doing make-up lessons." *hope dies*
"Oh, well, sorry then."
"Wait, wait!! Can you call them and ask if they can wait til the 22 to start the class? I could start it on the 22, no problem!"
"Oh, I don't think so."
*defeated* "Alright. Well, if you can't find anyone else, see if they'll wait til the 22 and I'll take it."

I pretty much gave up hope. It's a primetime class - 3:30 - 5:00 - a time when everyone wants a class, and no clients schedule them. Surely they'd find another teacher. How frustrating! But then...

*ring ring*
"Hello?"
"Hi Elizabeth - remember that Tuesday class? Do you want it?"
"Yes!!!! But I can't start til the 22nd."
"That's Ok - we checked with them and it's fine."

And the crowd goes wild! I got it! I got another class! Hurray!! Thanks God!! Now, I only need 5 more contact hours come December. Only 5! In fact, three would probably suffice, but five would be perfect. Thank you so much, all of you who have been faithfully praying with me about my work and finance situation here. God is meeting my needs, step by step, day by day.

Hm. I seem to have the Doxology stuck in my head. Not a bad song for a day like today. :D

Love,
Elizabeth

PS - My dad's going to be here in five days. WOWZAH!

5 Comments:

  • At 8:38 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Doxology, makes me think of Lucci and Roxy - the Miniature Doxen's :)

     
  • At 10:52 p.m., Blogger Elizabeth said…

    *lol* Very cute. But who are you? I'm guessing you're Kenny or Brandon - but I'm not sure which!

     
  • At 9:37 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    the mystery continues :)

     
  • At 9:38 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    doh...

     
  • At 11:24 p.m., Blogger Elizabeth said…

    Hah! I almost sort of called it! I had it narrowed down to two people, which isn't bad. :)

    How's it going, Kenny?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home