That's Just Speechie!

The wandering ramblings of a Speechie Student at the UofA.

Friday, November 04, 2005

*Insert Title Here*

Morning all!

I'm supposed to be at work. I got up at 6, had a shower, got dressed, ate breakfast - all the usual routine. Hopped on the metro, got to my company, sat down in boardroom, got organized. Then I thought to myself "self, this student is sometimes late. You'd better turn your phone on in case they text you." Turn on the phone - I had received a text messaage about ten minutes earlier saying that the student is ill, and couldn't make it to class. I certainly hope that they feel better - but all that getting up at six for nothing! (Now I sympathize with Bari. She had a similar experience). I hopped back on the metro, and now I'm home for about an hour before I go off to my next class, which is a new class, and whom I'm looking forward to meeting.

Last night at the pub was quiet and pleasant. I got to see my friends, which is nice, because we see a whole lot less of each other now that we're done the course and are all actually working. Conflicting schedules really suck! But Adrian has found a country and western (!!!) bar, so we're going to check that out tomorrow night. Should be a good time - and if it stinks, we'll go someplace else. We are nothing if not flexible around here. :)

I've been missing the sun this week - it hasn't really cleared up at all since Monday. Today is supposed to be "partly cloudy" as opposed to "mostly cloudy" so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Maybe the weekend will be lovely - that would be great!

Megan's been sick this week, which is wretched for her. I think that I'm going to forgo(e?) Bible study tonight and stay in with her. We're going to have a bit of a girls' night in the attempt to help her feel better. :) Sunday is church day, of course, but they've shut down my metro station for the weekend, so I need to sort out the trams in order to be able to get there. Hope I can figure it all out. I'm only so brilliant, you know, and Czech public transport was one of my lower multiple intelligences. ;)

Well, not much is new here since yesterday. I'm mostly posting because I had some time to kill. And just think - I'm being paid to sit here. I quite like the "24 hours notice to cancel or we still pay the teacher" policy that most schools have in Prague. In fact, I think most of the TEFLers see it as one of the perks!

Love always,
Elizabeth

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home