That's Just Speechie!

The wandering ramblings of a Speechie Student at the UofA.

Thursday, October 27, 2005

My life can't ALWAYS be exciting!

I know, I know. I keep promising daily updates, and then falling through. But my life just isn't always that interesting. There aren't always going to be companies that I can't find, nor men in their ginch doing home repairs. ;)

The past few days have been quiet, but good. Lots of going to work, and coming home. Some eating, some sleeping, some Buffy watching. Nothing too thrilling. I did meet up with Tiffany (another girl I met through IBCP) for lunch today, and she took me to this great creperie. It was excellent, and the prices were crazy reasonable. Now I'll have to to take Megan sometime.

Also, I got 3 phone calls from Skrivanek on Tuesday. The first two were especially delicious... I picked up two more classes! Just when I decided not to worry about more classes, God sends them. I kind of think that he was waiting for me to fully back off and let him handle it before he sent them to me. Now, come December, I only need 8 more contact hours. That's doable! The third phone call was less exciting, but still good. One of my students cancelled their Wednesday class late, but as they didn't give 24 hours' notice, I still got paid for it! Yippee!

To congratulate me on my new classes, Megan sent me an e-card. She wrote "May your students be motivated... or cancel late a lot." It's totally true. TEFLers generally like to teach, especially when your students appear remotely interested in learning English. But when you get that guy who refuses to do grammar, or the group who spends 8 of the 90 minutes speaking English and 82 speaking Czech... well, you hope that they cancel late. A lot. ;)

Despite the fact that this is no longer Czechoslovakia, the country still celebrates the creation of Czechoslovakia, and this Friday is therefore a national holiday. Hello 3 day weekend. I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I have a bunch of lesson planning that I want to get done tomorrow morning, but beyond that.... Maybe someone'll want to go out to the castle (Karlsjen, I think, but I'm pretty sure I spelled it wrong), or someone will have some other good idea.

The Thursday that Dad is here is also a national holiday. Maybe we'll go to Dresden Thursday instead of Friday, especially since one of my new classes is also on Friday morning, meaning that I have to teach until about 10:30. Then again, maybe my Friday classes will decide to cancel (cancel late, please!) and I'll have both days off! Oi, better not get greedy. Just having the Thursday will be wonderful. Dad, I'm so excited that you're coming! Sixteen days if you count Saturday (which I don't)... so FIFTEEN DAYS! wOOt!

That's all that's new here folks. Love you all!

Love,
Elizabeth

1 Comments:

  • At 4:14 p.m., Blogger Elizabeth said…

    Yes, please! Can you pick out some glycerin soaps and body butter from the Body Shop and send them? I'd SO appreciate it!! (And I'm sad too that you and Jake and Brandon can't all fit in dad's suitcases...!)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home