That's Just Speechie!

The wandering ramblings of a Speechie Student at the UofA.

Saturday, October 29, 2005

Ahoj hoj

Morning all!

This weekend is a long weekend here in the Czech Republic, and so far, it's been rather pleasant. I spent a few hours yesterday getting prepped for next, and I currently have nine out of twelve lessons planned and ready to go. I'm going to take care of the last three today. Then early next week (I may even start tomorrow) I want to start planning the next week's lessons. You see, I want to get well ahead of myself in order to have as much time as possible to spend with my dad who is coming in two weeks. Yes. Two weeks. I'm so excited, I could a) be sick, b) dance madly about the flat, c) sing "fourteen days, fourteen days, my dad's coming in fourteen days" over and over and over... d) all of the above. You decide!

Thursday night was pub night, and we met the new group of TEFLers from Oxford. They seem like a great bunch. They're all really friendly and funny, and since I didn't have to get up at 6 yesterday morning, I could actually stay and visit a bit with everyone. Hurrah! One of the women has some experience with speech therapy, so the plan is to pin her down next week and grill her about it. Just because I can. And because I'm currently obsessed with SLP, since I'm putting together 2 grad school applications. More prayers, please!

Yesterday night a group of us went out for dinner at this Tex-Mex place called Banditos. It was so good. One of the things I really miss here are old school burgers (like you can get at Moxie's or Red Robin's). Well, this place has amazing burgers. With steak fries. Oh. My. Goodness. It was great. Our pal Adrian had perchance had a few too many, and had us in stitches the whole night simply by being completely random. At one point, he was imitating Pingu (the claymation penguin) and was brilliant at it. Then he showed us exactly what a hypnotized chicken looks like. Shortly thereafter he demonstrated what his mother's vicious Yorkie does if you stop petting it (Kim, I thought of you!) - namely, it goes for your jugular. At one point, Rob sang Kermit the Frog's dancing song, and Kurt explained to us how Sesame Street teaches our children to make bad judgements (who's the meanest person on the street? Oscar. Who's the poorest one with no hygiene who most needs friends and support? Oscar). It was hysterical. I'm sure the restaurant half wanted to throw us out, because we were being a wee bit on the "loud" end of things.

I'm not sure what the plan is for today. There's a Hallowe'en party at an acquaintance's place... but to be totally honest, I don't really want to go! It might be a lesson planning, walking, going for an ice cream kind of day. It's also a "reset the clocks" kind of day - hello daylight savings time! Sunday I'm going to church an hour early to join the choir, which should be fun, I think. I'll try to remember to post another update tomorrow or Sunday, too, just to keep all you crazy readers happy!

By the by, I've been looking at the blog stats, and there are people all over the world reading this. How cool is that? It must be my brilliant writing and drily witty ways that keep them coming back. *struck by lightning*

Love you all!

Elizabeth

2 Comments:

  • At 7:50 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You'd do b) and c). I would not go for your jugular if you stopped petting me...or would I? Mayber you don't want to find out.
    Thank goodness for Dellice's laptop. After my computer's recent suicide I am in withdrawal over not being able to read your blog over breakfast! :'(

     
  • At 6:47 a.m., Blogger Elizabeth said…

    It was a little weird, wasn't it? Just another example that I'm settling in here, I've started running into people I know!

    How're you feeling about having others read your blog? Decided yet?

    See you on Friday at IMB!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home