That's Just Speechie!

The wandering ramblings of a Speechie Student at the UofA.

Monday, September 10, 2007

Sleepy!

Hi guys,

man, I'd forgotten how tiring sitting in a chair and learning all day can be. It's a good thing our classes are interesting, or else I'd be doomed. ;) The hard part of being in class from 8-5 is the urge to boredom eat. Today I packed a lunch heavy in fruit and granola bars, so I could just sort of munch all day. Mmm, munching. I had a plucot (plum crossed with an apricot), and its sticker said it was a 'dinosaur egg.' It was actually quite apt, as the fruit is a mottled red and green, and could quite easily be the offspring of a terrible lizard!

Truly, my classes are fantastic so far. Very interesting, and only one textbook that says silly things like:

"We often start out by asking our clients if they are ventriloquists. When they inevitably answer 'no,' we say 'you should try it - you hardly open your mouth when you speak!'"

I'm totally pooped, so I'll have to tell you more about the classes later. Mostly, I just wanted to show you what I've been up to. Jason's teaching me to sculpt with polymer clay, and I wanted to show you project #2. My first creation was a purple bug that I gave to Megs, and I have no photos of it. Suffice it to say that he was a little rougher than this one. I also have a third in the works, but it's not quite finished yet.

Without further ado, I give you: Baby and Frog. Artist: Elizabeth Huebert. Medium: Polymer clay. Date: September 9, 2007.




Hope you all are having a good week so far!

Ela

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home