That's Just Speechie!

The wandering ramblings of a Speechie Student at the UofA.

Thursday, May 03, 2007

No Excuses

So I practically abandoned my blog there for a while, and I really have no excuse. Was I in the middle of finals? Yes, but that didn't stop me from doing 800 other things that didn't need doing. Was I very tired? Yup, but I still managed to catch up on most of this past season of CSI:NY as well as a whole bunch of movies (Stick It, anyone? So great!). So, no excuses. In fact, I even logged into my blogger account a couple times, stared at the blank page, and gave up. Not this time! This time is:

An Update.

School. I wrapped up my first academic year of my Master's as of April 26. Yay! This wasn't my best semester ever - I did a lot of procrastinating, and I feel like I could've done better on some of the assignments. I was carrying an extra class, though, and a thesis, so I had a bit more on my plate this term than last term. But - no excuses! Clearly, I need to continue working on my organizational and motivational skills. :)

Work. I finished my RA-ship at COMPRU the 2nd last Friday in April. There's no budget for me to have a summer RA-ship, but I am hoping that my schedule this spring allows me to continue at COMPRU, just in a volunteer position. We'll have to see. Our department chair has a PhD student from the U.S. who is looking for someone to help digitize some files for her dissertation. The pay is quite good, though they don't know how many hours it will be for. Obviously, I applied, and I have an interview on Monday or Tuesday. I'm really hoping that I can get the position, as it would be nice to have a bit of extra income over the summer.

Friends. There's been quite a bit of socializing going on, including a tea party at Chris' place last weekend. The food was fantastic, per the usual, and Robin and Chris (my two male friends!) got to meet each other. Megan and Robin also met for the first time, which was pretty cool. Look at me and my interacting friends! I've also been getting to know another of the thesis girls pretty well - I'll call her Harley. She and I have been kicking around the idea of going for dinner one night this week, and I hope that we can make that work.

Running. As if you're all not wondering if I'm keeping it up. I'll admit, I slacked a bit during finals, only running once or twice a week, instead of three or four times. But I'm getting back on track. My weight management counsellor and I decided that my goals are to run 3x a week, and strength train 2x a week. Hopefully I can keep up with that! I had set a reward for myself - if I lost a certain amount of weight, I'd pierce my naval. However, I think I've plateaued, and I'm not sure I'm ever actually going to get down to my 'goal' weight. So I've changed that goal. Now it says that if I can run 3x/wk and strength train 2x/wk for 6 full weeks, I can pierce my naval. We'll see where I'm at on the 2nd Saturday in June. :)

Well, I'm off to have a bath. It was too cold and rainy this morning to run, so I stayed in and did a cardio workout (Turbo Jam - it's geeky, but I like it) instead. It totally counts!! Anyhoo, now I'm a little tired, and I smell a little funky, so I think a bath is a good plan. :D

Laters!
Elizabeth

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

  • At 9:12 a.m., Blogger Karlie said…

    I cannot wait until Sean and I move to a safer area so I can go walking by myself! I think it's amazing the way you keep up with everything you do. Good job :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home