That's Just Speechie!

The wandering ramblings of a Speechie Student at the UofA.

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Thesis = Paper

Hi again!

I've been at it for about 9 hours now, and I thought I deserved another little break. This time, I thought I'd show you a bit of what I'm doing.

This is what my bed currently looks like:
I don't have enough desk space to spread out all of these papers to read them, so my bed is sufficing. Notice that many of them are made up of several sheets lovingly folded and scotch-taped together. I always knew those origami lessons would pay off someday.

This is a close up of the bottom 3 pages:
Those are important. All of those are supposed to fall into neat and tidy groups, preferably the 6 neat and tidy groups that I predicted they'd fall into. Guess what? That's right. They're not. I'm a little hung up over what to do with them. I sense I'm spending tonight in SPSS doing an additional rotation to see if I can convince them to be sweet and behave themselves.

And those 341 sheets of paper? Well, they're kind of filed now:
I have 4 research questions in my presentation, and each folder holds the printouts of the analyses that should answer those questions. Note how the first folder is HUGE. I printed out all of this factor analysis stuff, then realized I didn't need all of it. *headdesk* However, to quote my dad: "It's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it." Amen to that, brother! Ahem, Amen to that, Dad!

Ok, I'm off to try to and graph the medians of my randomly selected variables in order to demonstrate what the Kruskal-Wallis scores mean... If you don't get that, don't worry. Neither do I, and I'm presenting it to 3 of my instructors, one of their wives, and 4 of my peers in just over 24 hours. Sweet!!

Love,
Elizabeth

ETA: I tried an additonal rotation - SPSS can't do anything more with my data. What I've got is as good as it gets. *sigh*

E.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 12:37 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I hope that that's double-sided.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home