That's Just Speechie!

The wandering ramblings of a Speechie Student at the UofA.

Saturday, March 03, 2007

Song of Myself - Whitman

The feeling of health, the full-noon trill, the song of me rising
from bed and meeting the sun.

This is how I felt when I got up this morning (read the whole poem here). The sunshine was streaming in through my windows, I had slept so soundly the night before, and it was just so wonderful to get up! I love mornings like this. I got up, checked my email, drank some water, ate an apple, and went for another run! And the sun was shining, and Chris sent me a new podcast to listen to (Sweatin' to the Indies, it's so great), and I just chugged along, developing a new route for myself. I got home, showered, ate something, started on our paper for 518 (Ok, so I listed all the heading in a word document and saved it, but I still call it starting!), finished reading a chapter for 509, and did my 598 multiple regression analysis. I'm on fire!

Last night I went to the Rush game with Lee; we did pretty well at the beginning, but wound up losing. Bummer. Lee had a rather black sense of humour that I found highly entertaining. I made a rather off-colour comment about the large number of little boys (9 or 10 years old) running around shirtless:

"It's kind of like a vending machine for pedophiles," I said.

In his best "old man pedophile" voice, Lee replied "Oooh, I'm in the mood for a chubby one. Let's have nougat!"

I'm not sure how many of you will find that funny... (A. Leslie, please don't show that bit to G&G!), but I laughed til I cried. Nougat!

Anyhoo, today Robin's making me dinner (his team lost the Superbowl, mine won, I get dinner!), and then I'll be doing more homework. I've actually been working on my thesis this weekend, but I need to put in some more time on it. I should probably also try and write something under a few of those headings that I typed in for 518. ;)

Tomorrow's church, and I'm teaching jr. church. The kids think I'm awesome because, and I quote, "you're the only teacher who knows how to work the DVD player." *lol* I'm looking forward to it. Hopefully it'll still be sunny tomorrow when I run, and it can be as enjoyable as it was today.

Loves you!
E.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

  • At 9:18 a.m., Blogger Karlie said…

    I am always so impressed by how you manage to organize yourself so well. I need to learn how to do that better!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home