That's Just Speechie!

The wandering ramblings of a Speechie Student at the UofA.

Friday, January 19, 2007

There are no words.

My life is surreal. Idiotic and bizarre things happen on a regular basis. We all know this. But tonight was especially special.

Allan took me for ice cream, and on our way back, 3 rather drunken men passed us.

"Excuse me miss, c'n I buy a smoke off ya?" slurred one.

"Sorry, I haven't got any," I said without slowing our pace as we passed them.

"Hey buddy! Hey buddy!" another of the men yelled at Allan.

"I'll give ya thirty-five bucks for yer old lady!"

We kept walking - a look of shock on my face, and one of pure grumpiness on Allan's.

"Forty! I'll give ya forty! Ok, Ok - Fifty bucks for yer wife!"

I was horrified! I wasn't worried - Allan was considerably larger than this guy - but I felt so demeaned. For starters, I'm worth WAY more than a mere fifty bucks, and on top of that: if you want to buy me, you bargain with ME, not the man I'm with! What is this, a junta??

Ela

1 Comments:

  • At 2:52 p.m., Blogger Karlie said…

    I am soooooo glad Allan was with you! I would be really worried about you right now otherwise :) So there's a Marble Slab Creamery in Edmonton now? Sweet! Ang and I discovered the one at Chinook Mall when we lived in Calgary and loved it. My favourite base flavour was Sweet Cream. I think I only added something in once, and that was Reece's Pieces (way too sweet). If I did it again I would probably mix in strawberries or something. Now I HAVE to come visit! ;)

    PS I also tag you for the "6 weird things about me" meme, you can see it on my blog for the rules. It's actually kind of fun!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home