That's Just Speechie!

The wandering ramblings of a Speechie Student at the UofA.

Friday, January 26, 2007

Friday Night

Ahoj!

It's Friday night, and I'm just relaxing. A friend from school came over tonight for a beer and a movie, and she's just left for home now. I'm planning on having a hot bath, a book, a cup of tea, and then my bed. It's fresh-sheet Friday, my favourite bedtime of the week!!

Tomorrow I'm going for a run (I have been SO good about keeping up with it!! Megs is my accountability partner, and we make a great team!), and then Chris is coming by to help me get going with a stats software package for Dexter (my 'puter). I'm hoping to get lots done tomorrow afternoon (509 assignment, Duffy reading, Chpt 2 for research methods, Chpt 5 for aphasiology, and thesis stuff), and then Robin's coming over for dinner!

Sunday is church, of course, and I'm doing the reading this week. We're studying Esther, a book that I love, and Lyle has a take on it that I've never heard before. The last sermon in the series was chapter 2, so I'm all over chapter three. I'm spending the afternoon with Megan, and then hoping to be productive in the evening.

Monday is school, and then I'm speaking as part of a panel on what it's like to be in the SLP program. The audience are a bunch of first-year undergrads, and I'm betting they're going to look SO YOUNG!! :D

To end this boring, list-like post, I have a question. I want to do one of my practicums seriously abroad (I'm hoping Australia). I wouldn't mind doing another one a little ways away, though, but I'll be a broke student. What I'm wondering is if any of you have family anywhere neat where I could maybe go and stay with them?? I totally understand if you don't, but I figure: if I don't ask, I'll never know!!

The tub is full! I'm off to relax. Later days,

Ela

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home