That's Just Speechie!

The wandering ramblings of a Speechie Student at the UofA.

Thursday, December 28, 2006

"Insert Title Here"

Hey y'all,

well, we're in Washington - some place that starts with a "K." Our road trip is going well, and tempers are still good, yay!

We got off to a very slow start, due to some nasty snow that started pretty much when we did, and followed us down into Pincher Creek. We'd hoped to cross the border yesterday, but there was just no way. So today we're in southern Washington, and it's probably going to take us two more days to get to Cali. But the weather's clear, and the scenery's gorgeous, so there's very little complaining going on. :)

There has also been an excess of oddly good road food - a fabulous pie place for lunch, and really good Mexican for dinner. Tequila and shrimp chowder? Amazing!! Cleared my sinuses right up. But then I felt fat. And lazy. 8 hours in a car, with two big meals? So I dragged my lazy self down to the hotel fitness 'centre' (read: treadmill, stationary bike, stair-stepper) and ran on the treadmill for 1/2 an hour. Yuck. But I don't feel nearly so guilty now!

And now, to bed with a book, I think. I'm sleepy from dinner, and even the endorphins from actually using my muscles can't override that. G'night!

Ela

PS - I also drove in the States for my first time ever today. Whee for driving on the interstate! I was very nervous at first, but soon settled in at about 120 km/h, occasionally passing people, ocasionally being passed. It was very smooth. Except for the one or two (or six or eight) times I hit the bumpy bits at the side of the road. I was just checking. Y'know - to make sure they were still there. That's all.

E.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 7:51 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sounds like a fun trip. You probably hit the same bad weather Mark and I had back from Lethbridge on the 27th; a 4 1/2 hour drive took 6 1/2. I literally drove on a skating rink for a while, watched 2 cars go into the ditch, and sat on a closed hwy 2 for at least 30 min. Oh the joys of driving.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home