That's Just Speechie!

The wandering ramblings of a Speechie Student at the UofA.

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Last Days

Hi all,

so life in CR is winding up. My last shift at the Pier was on Saturday. I booked it out of there in my mini-skirt and Steve Madden heels, and N. and I went to party it up at the VooDoo one last time. Fun! We danced til 2.30, and some of our friends were there, so it was awesome.

Then I did full days at Kids' Klub on Monday and Tuesday. I had to drive a mini-van full of kids, and I can count the number of times I've driven this past year on one hand! A bit stressful, yes, but it all turned out alright. *phew* We even got to watch Finding Nemo, which I love. The seagulls?? "Mine! Mine? Mine!" So awesome!

Today I did laundry, and started packing. With some serious stuffing and sitting on of suitcases, I think I can get everything home in the bags I came with. Given the amount of shopping that I've done, that's pretty darn impressive. :) N. came and got me, and then we went and got Kr., and then we got these:


I got my cartilage pierced! Yay! It's just so cute. :) We all got them in our left ears, and were giggling about how very junior high we seemed. "Ohmigosh, we got matching earrings, and we're like, best friends FOREVER!" But they are cute, and I'm thrilled with mine, so it's all good.

Tonight, N. and I are meeting Ka. at the Starbucks to hang out, and to play crib. It's going to be fun, I can just tell. Then tomorrow I have to finish packing, and go get my hair cut!! Eek! I'm so thrilled to be cutting off my mop. I'll post after pics, I promise. :D I think it's going to look a bit like this, but with slightly longer, side-swept bangs. We'll see.



So that's life! I've orderd all my texts now - goodbye $800. :( But, oddly enough, my crazy boss from the Pier was a total sweetie, and gave me a bonus on my final paycheque. wOOt!

Love,
E.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home