That's Just Speechie!

The wandering ramblings of a Speechie Student at the UofA.

Thursday, July 27, 2006

At the Zoo

So it's my lunch break, and I'm just hanging out, listening to some Simon&Garfunkel. Did you know that giraffes are insincere?

Life trundles on here in the big CR. I'm loving day camp - yesterday we made sandcastles, and today we played parachute games. I remember Fun Days at ClearVista, and we always played with the earth ball and the parachute. So exciting! Also, some of the girls gave me pictures that they made today, which was so cute. I took some pictures, and will try to get around to posting them.

Life at the Pier is better since the heat broke. It's only been about 25* here, which I can totally deal with. People are much nicer when it's not so hot! Oh, and just a tip for every person currently residing in CR: 'please' is a word that we still use. Trust me - you'll get better service if you say "I want a maple walnut waffle cone, please," than if you say "I want a maple walnut waffle cone" and then just stare at me. Other suggestions? Stating that you want an ice cream is awesome. Telling us what flavor you want is helpful, though. So when I just stand there, waiting, after you've said "I want a baby cone, please," (note the please!), I'm not silently mocking you. I'm just waiting for you to tell me which of the 20-something flavors you want ON that baby cone. K?

In extraordinarily happy news, the UofA's Faculty of Extension contacted me re: some contract work for August. Since I'm in BC til September, that won't work. I emailed them back, asking if we could meet in Sept. for fall contract work - and they asked me to get in touch with them then!! How great would that be?? I can't get over the fact that I'm missing teaching so much, and this would be such an awesome opportunity to do a little TEFL, earn a little money, and be a little happier. I hope it all comes together.

That's all, folks!
Love,
Elizabeth

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home