That's Just Speechie!

The wandering ramblings of a Speechie Student at the UofA.

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

23

Hi everyone! Well, I'm sorry for not posting for ten whole days, but I'll be darned if I can a) ever think of anything clever/witty enough to write, or b) stay awake long enough after work to try to to accomplish a). But here I am, at least I'm trying!

Today is my 23rd birthday. Wow - in some ways my 22nd seems so long ago, and in others, like it was yesterday! Last year I went to Denny's with Hils (we share a bday, and got free brekky), and then went to work at Safeway. My boss took me BACK to Denny's for breakfast AGAIN, which was kind of cool. Then I think we all went out for dinner that night. This year I got up, read my awesome card from Michael, and went to Kids' Klub. One of my little girls bought me a present, which was just so sweet.

22 was the best year I've had yet. I moved to Europe, got my TEFL certificate, taught English, travelled, made some of the best friends I've ever had, had a wonderful romance, came home, and had a wicked summer. 23 is going to have a hard time beating that! But I get to start my Masters, move back to Edmonton where I know tons of people, be with my family, and keep going with my life. I can't wait to see how good it's going to be. Stressful, yup, but good too.

I've become known as the 'old one' at work, since I'm the eldest of the non-managerial team. I pretend to be choked about it (they've sort of changed it to the 'intellectual one' now, which I think is much better!), but to be honest - I wouldn't want to be any other age. I cherish my life and all its experiences, and I just can't wait to keep finding out what new and exciting things will happen.

And so, the journey continues! 23, here I come!

Love always,
Ela

2 Comments:

  • At 5:09 p.m., Blogger Bari said…

    Well, darlin' HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I know all about crazy years that will be hard to top, but I'm sure gonna like trying!

     
  • At 10:25 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy Birthday (yes, this is a day late). I am happy to see your positive outlook on getting older. I had a meltdown on my 22nd.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home