That's Just Speechie!

The wandering ramblings of a Speechie Student at the UofA.

Sunday, July 30, 2006

Hey all

Hi dudes,

it's been a busy week, but I finally got a day off - hurrah! :D We went to Parksville to go mini-golfing, and it was so much fun. The place we went has 2 18 hole courses, so we golfed one, had lunch, and golfed the second. I SUCK at the mini-golf (I was at least 10 strokes behind both Amy and Michael), but it was fun none-the-less. Our timing was also awesome - it rained during lunch, but cleared up for our 2nd game.

I have a short week this week - only 3 days at the Pier - because I'm taking a long weekend next weekend! They're the only days off I'm taking off this summer, and I'm really looking forward to them. Michael and I are going to go kayaking, and N. and I are having a movie night. Whee!

Other fun things that have happened this week:

1) I got my MSc-SLP buddy - a girl in her 2nd year who's willing to answer all my questions, and hopefully share a locker next year.

2) I went to both my step class, and the tone and sculpt class, so I feel all healthy.

3) I was so tired today I practically passed out on the car ride back - it was like I'd been hit over the head with a hammer! :)

Things I'm excited about:

1) Going back to school!

2) Getting a locker in Van Vliet, so I can go to the gym in the mornings before class. I'm going to stock it up with all my stuff so I can get ready there.

3) Buying a laptop. I'm getting a new 'puter for grad school, and have decided to go the wireless route. I'm soooo excited.

4) The chance to maybe TEFL again. I've been mentally planning some kick-ass lessons I could teach if I were in a smart classroom, and could use powerpoint in my classes. Oooooh - I hope I can teach English this fall.

I obviously have nothing too exciting going on. I'll try and do something thrilling tomorrow to make a better post. :)

Love,
Elizabeth

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home