That's Just Speechie!

The wandering ramblings of a Speechie Student at the UofA.

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

New Shoes

Hi all! Not much is new here in CR - I worked Sunday, then yesterday it rained and we did the grocery shopping, and today it's been raining, too. I spent this morning doing laundry and cleaning my room, and I'm hoping things will clear up a bit so I can outside for a while. The rain has now quit - but it still looks windy and cold. :(

My Prague eurotrash runners were not being comfortable anymore, and were therefore not so good for a job where I spend all eight hours on my feet running around. Michael suggested I get some Holey Soles - and here they are:


They really are this orange. Aren't they cute? They're also super comfy, and I can't wait to try them out at work. Of course I'll have to wear socks with them there, but that shouldn't be too bad!


Again, they really are this orange. They're like the brightest pumpkin ever! The strap flips back so that it goes around your heel, making them more shoelike.

Not much else is new here. I'm waiting to hear back from a man who wants to interview me about working with a summer camp for special needs kids, which I think would be an awesome experience. He called me and left a message, then I had to wait for the long weekend to go by (I hate waiting - I'm so impatient!), then I called him and left a message - now it's his turn. I hope he calls today!

Love you all,
Elizabeth


5 Comments:

  • At 9:14 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ok, so these shoes have clearly become the rage. All the nurses wore them at the Lethbridge hospital. I have to say that they look like they'd rub your feet and you'd just step out of them and they'd be so uncomfortable, but everyone says I'm wrong. I'm sorry to say though, they look super wide and I can't say I'm into this newest trend. I do, however, love the color.

     
  • At 5:14 a.m., Blogger Bari said…

    Uhh... dude, I don't know how to tell you this (and apparently all the nurses in the Lethbridge hospital), but those are gardening clogs. I'm sure they feel really great for a relatively small amount of time, or for a long amount of time which involves taking long sitting breaks, but I'm not so sure on the whole work-an-eight-hour-shift-in-them thing.

    Well, I guess only time will tell, so you'll have to let us know how it works out...

     
  • At 10:55 a.m., Blogger Elizabeth said…

    I think - though I could, of course, be wrong - that the company took the idea of gardening clogs and improved it. These things actually have a super supportive sole, with little massage-y bumps in. My first shift in them is today - so I'll keep ya posted!

     
  • At 9:01 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I have to say that my mom thought they were exactly like her ugly gardening clogs too...minus the million holes (not so good for the dirt and all).

     
  • At 5:16 a.m., Blogger Truskawka said…

    Krasne :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home