That's Just Speechie!

The wandering ramblings of a Speechie Student at the UofA.

Sunday, May 21, 2006

Monster Trucks!!

On Friday, we roadtripped to Victoria for some shopping and to see The DaVinci Code. Sorry I didn't see you, Michelle - but we only had the one day! The movie was excellent, and we also had some good food and beer! :)


Amy passing the time.




Michael driving. He makes such a good chaufeur.


Jasper and I riding in the backseat. She slept in my lap all the way there... and all the way back. :)


Then, on Saturday - I went to the Monster Trucks!! Yay! N. from work mentioned wanting to see them, so I jumped on that bandwagon. It was so much fun, and now I have a friend! (Yes, I'm 22. It's also been a quiet few weeks, and it was so great to go out with someone not obligated by blood or marriage to spend time with me. *lol*)
N. and I at the Monster Trucks. Look at those smiles!




Jurassic Attack!


Jurassic Attack takes on the buses.





Figure 8 cars. They race - wait for it! - in a figure eight! Since the path crosses over itself, there are many crashes. So much fun to watch. :)


More Figure 8 cars.






Claimer Cars. You pay $700, and then you can race it the next night. We bet on these guys - I won once, and N. won once. Huh. So much for getting ahead!





Double decker car race! The goal: get across the finish line first, with your car still on your roof.




The mercedes won! After he crossed the finish line, he took the first corner a little quick, and lost his roof accessory. :)




Wheel to wheel 4x4 racing. These guys got some major air off the jump on the second corner. There was even some sparkage!

So: so far, a good May Long weekend. I have to work this afternoon, and likely tomorrow. I don't have my schedule yet, dagnabit. Hope I can get that today!

Love,
Elizabeth

4 Comments:

  • At 10:58 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You actually make the Monster Truck event sound like fun! And that's impressive. I can't say my May long was so good...for the past 7 days straight I've spent 9-13 hours studying...I'm getting a little burnt out. Now just pray I pass those exams on Tuesday, Wednesday and Sunday.
    Oh, and don't forget to send me your address so I can write.

     
  • At 11:05 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Elizabeth
    I noticed that u have Gogol Bordello on your list of favorite bands, as a punk fan I am very impressed. My only question being, have u started wearing purple?

     
  • At 11:06 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh yeah, i saw them in concert a few weeks back too... Sucka!

     
  • At 5:20 a.m., Blogger Bari said…

    Monster trucks on a Saturday?! That just seems wrong to me. It's my opinion that these sort of things should always take place on Sunday, Sunday, SUNDAY!

    Also, where is said music list? And is the Gogol Bordello on that list because of me? If it is - oh yeah!! And, speaking of Start Wearing Purple... Olivier bought a shirt at the GB show (when they came here in December) that is purple and says "START WEARING PURPLE" in big letters on the front. In the last 2 months he has worn it twice to other concerts we've been to, and both times someone ON STAGE has commented on it! Like, over the microphone.

    That's just funny, is what that is.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home