That's Just Speechie!

The wandering ramblings of a Speechie Student at the UofA.

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

I scream, you scream, we all scream...

...for ice cream!

Hi all. How's it going? Things are quiet here in the CR. I'm getting back into the habit of having to work an actual shift, (what do you mean I have to work for 8 hours straight? Where's my nap time?!) and I'm effectively planning all the meals. According to Michael, that's my "chore." So if you have any meal time suggestions for a man that eats meat and potatos, and can only handle stir fry once every two weeks, PLEASE let me know! :)

Work is going well. The plan is for us girls to measure our "scooping" arms now, and then again in August, and see the difference. The food rep figures that we'll gain an inch. Good thing I use my right hand for scooping, and my left for pulling the lever on the yogurt machine - or my arms would be two totally different sizes! And yes, I realize that I have one of the least meaningful jobs on the face of the planet, but let me tell you - and the end of the day, I don't come home and worry about work. No concerns about whether or not I can keep the ice cream discussing sleep and dreams for 45 minutes, no worries about whether or not I can clearly explain phrasal verbs with "cut" to the deep fryer. So you can quietly mock my youthful job, but I'm more relaxed than I've been in ages!


The Pier


The 'cafe' at the Pier. No no no - not the green electrical box, the grey building behind it!



You know, the whole time I was in Europe, I kept my eyes open - hoping to accidentally run into someone I knew from home. After all, if my parents found someone from Wetaskiwin hiking the same hill in the same remote Italian village as they were - surely I, in 8 mos, could run into ONE person. It never happened. The closest I came was the guy at the bar who'd been to the Wonk. Two days ago, out on the Pier, I saw one of the kids I worked with in the group home! I waved and said hi, he blushed and left. Huh. Funny how I have that effect on people... ;) So it's lovely to know that the young offenders are spreading. Fabulous!

Michael, Amy, Jasper and I went for a short walk last night - it was absolutely beautiful. The temperature peaked yesterday at around 30* (tooo hot!), but things had cooled off slightly by 20.00, so we headed out. This is a beautiful city. I shall have to take more photos!

Speaking of photos - I promised you one of the way Amy and Michael spoil me. We saw this in a store in Courtenay, and Amy insisted on buying it for me. *love* Isn't it AMAZING! And it's made from some super duper material so it's washable! *more love* I love it. *excessive love*




And that's all for now folks! I promise to keep you posted on my life and times - but things may be less frequent now as I actually have to get off my butt, out of the house, and off to a job these days! :D

Love,
me.

1 Comments:

  • At 12:20 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Here's my food recommendation but only if he doesn't mind spicy food. Dahl & djpati. It's easy to make & filling. try it sometime.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home