That's Just Speechie!

The wandering ramblings of a Speechie Student at the UofA.

Sunday, May 14, 2006

Beautiful Sunday

Morning all,

I'm feeling moderately sad that today is an absolutely beautiful day for 2 reasons: I have to work, and can't be out enjoying the sun, and it means work will be rather (read: completely) busy. Yesterday was shift #2, and it was lovely and sunny and we were constantly on the go. You know that muscle-y fat bit on your hand between your thumb and index finger? It was swollen on my right hand from all the ice cream scooping! :D But it was cool nevertheless, because being busy means the time goes by quickly, which I always enjoy.

We went for lunch in Courtenay yesterday, at a 50s style diner which was fun. It's so nice to be back in a land that has good burgers just round the corner. We also did a bit of shopping, but I'll tell you more about that when I've taken a few pictures of the goodies.

I had the exquisite pleasure of looking at Student Loan information yesterday - blech. Debt, here I come! I can't apply online til May 22, so I don't have to worry about it til then. Bizarre thing - they want two of my diploma exam marks. I wrote those FIVE years ago! Luckily my dad was able to find all of that out for me. I'm not sure why they want those grades.... I wonder if I'll get enough of a loan to get a laptop? I'm thinking not. :)

So that's my news. Life's still pretty quiet. But it's good. And Prague friends? Keep the emails coming - I love them!!

Love,
me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home