That's Just Speechie!

The wandering ramblings of a Speechie Student at the UofA.

Sunday, December 04, 2005

Lazy Day

Hi guys,

it's been a lazy Sunday, which was lovely! I got up early (I'm still not sleeping quite right, but it gives me lots of time to get stuff done!) and worked on lesson plans (this week is all done - now to start trying to get ahead for Christmas). Then I headed off to church where we sang our first carol of the season. Today is the "peace" Sunday of Advent. I do love Advent. All the getting into the true spirit of Christmas makes me a happy camper. Then Tiffany and I went out for lunch with a Czech guy from the church, which was neat. He has a car! We actually rode in a car today! (We don't do a lot of car riding here). The afternoon was spent emailing, msning, watching Jane Eyre and reading. Like I said... lazy day.

Tomorrow it's back to the grind. 4 classes, and I'm not sure if I'll have time to come home for lunch or not. Doesn't really matter, I suppose. I'm meeting a new class tomorrow (one on one), so that should be interesting. I think it should be a good day.

I've got all my Christmas shopping done, which is exciting. I was a bit worried about what to buy Megan, but I was walking down the street, and something in the shop window just caught my eye. I trotted right in and bought it. I can't tell you what it is, because word gets around fast in our TEFL circle, but I think she'll like it, and if you remind me, I'll tell you what it was in the New Year.

18 days til I leave for the Isle of Wight. I imagine that I'm going to need the holiday!! I'm so excited to do some more travelling. It seems as though I should be seeing more of the world while I'm over here... but the finances are sadly lacking to be able to do that. Hopefully my new fuller schedule will permit more weekend trips in the New Year. I'm seriously hoping to get to Salzburg in January if I can scrape my krowns together. Megan and I are kicking around the idea of heading out to a few other countries before I leave, too.

Well, that's all that's new here. I hope you all had a good weekend.

Love,
Elizabeth

1 Comments:

  • At 8:47 p.m., Blogger Karlie said…

    My weekend was mixed, mostly because I'm still sick. Man this cold has been hanging around forever! And my computer died completely, it needs a new hard drive. But I finished some Christmas presents, so that's good news. Only...lots more to make. :S

     

Post a Comment

<< Home