That's Just Speechie!

The wandering ramblings of a Speechie Student at the UofA.

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Oops

Sorry guys - I missed posting yesterday. Not a whole lot is new here during the week, since mostly all I do is work, eat, read and sleep, but I know Kim likes to have a new post to read while she eats her breakfast. :)

This post will also not be overly exciting, because it's been a rough few days. Everything has felt under the weather - body, mind, spirit, toenails, etc. ;) I'm feeling a teeny bit ill, and it's making it hard to sleep at night, because I have to get up three or four times. It's nothing terrible, nothing that means I can't go to work, I just feel rough round the edges. I've also been a bit stressed about finances, and a little homesick. Bundle all of that together, and it makes for an Elizabeth that you probably don't want to spend a whole lot of time with! It also makes for an Elizabeth who could really use a few extra emails this week to keep her going.

Thankfully, my 7:30 am student cancelled last night (he cancelled late, so I still get paid), so I got to sleep in a little this morning. That definitely helps me to feel a bit better. And I've got most of next week's lessons planned, so after an hour or two of work tomorrow, I should be able to start on the week after's lessons. If I just stay focused (and calm!) I should have NO lessons to plan while dad is here.

And he comes in TEN days. Yes people, we are down to single syllable days (with the exception of "seven" which I shall call "week" in order to keep with the pattern. Not "a week," but "week"). I'm so excited to see him that I could almost be not homesick today. ;) Oy, I'm a daft girl.

My friend Abbey and I went out for crepes last night, and I had the yummiest banana raspberry crepes ever. It was delicious! If you come to visit me, I promise to take you for crepes.

Well, that is absolutely everything that is new here. I hope this blog finds you well! Please oh please email me this week... I would really appreciate it.

Love,
Elizabeth

1 Comments:

  • At 9:36 a.m., Blogger Karlie said…

    Lol. I read all my blogs at breakfast too! I read the comics first at ucomics.com (For Better or For Worse, FoxTrot, Heart of the City, Preteena, and Stone Soup), then I go to my knit blogs, then I come here! By the time I'm done I'm finished brekkie.

    I'm sorry you're feeling under the weather. I hope it gets better soon! I bet once your Dad gets there it will help too.

    Hugs!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home