That's Just Speechie!

The wandering ramblings of a Speechie Student at the UofA.

Sunday, January 14, 2007

Miluje te, Praha!

Hi everyone,

my post's title means (roughly) "I love you, Prague." And I do love Prague. You all know that. And so therefore, you might be interested to know that I'm going back to Prague for reading week! Yaaaaaay! Things just fell into place last week, and it's so amazing. I'm incredibly, incredibly excited. There aren't words. :) Right now I'm working on making some arrangements with friends; I'm hoping they'll allow me to sleep on their floor for a few nights. Once more details are ironed out, I'll share them with you.

I had a really good weekend - hope you all did, too. Friday night I spent with Al. We watched some of Dylan Moran's stand-up comedy, and then the first season of Black Books and laughed ourselves silly. We also had some girly talk... and I didn't get home til 2. Very tired on Saturday!

Saturday was Chris' tea party, at which I cooked the samosas and discovered the amazingness of vegan chocolate cake from Cafe Mosaics. It was so, so delicious. I want one for my birthday! Chris had his usual selection of fabulous people there, and it was fun to chat with everyone. Allan and I left at about 6.30 to go to the Edmonton Rush game. I'd never seen lacrosse before, but I'm now totally hooked. It's very fast-paced and fun to watch, and the crowd really gets into it. I'm definitely looking forward to going to another game.

I went to church this morning and just about froze on my way there. I crept through the doors just in the nick of time, and went to sit with Allan who joined me this morning. I think that my Knox peeps were looking at us curiously and thinking "hmm... wonder who Elizabeth has with her this morning?" ;) Last week Megs had a male friend with her, so she and I discussed setting up a system where we bring a different man each week, just to give our very quiet church something interesting to chat about! :D

So that was my weekend! I'm off to do some reading (which may or may not be school related) and to go to bed. I can't believe that tomorrow's Monday already....

Elizabeth

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home