That's Just Speechie!

The wandering ramblings of a Speechie Student at the UofA.

Saturday, September 09, 2006

Dissection

So the first week is officially over and done with, including my first 'dissection.' Someone asked me how you dissect a potato. Well, first you have to make it a Mr. Potato.


I apologize for the bluriness of the photo; apparently I've had too much caffeine today trying to stay awake to do the boatload of readings that were assigned!

Anyhoo, once it's a Mr. Potato, then you do things like "make a midsaggital cut," meaning that you slice 'im in half right between the eyes, separating him into left and right sides. Stuff like that. It was pretty cool!

Last night Melissa and I went to the Druid. Some speechies (read: SLP students) were supposed to be there, but I didn't see them. :( We did, however, have the pleasure of watching the guys at the next table over subtly glance at the women walking past. And by 'subtly glance' I mean OVERTLY OGLE. Subtle. Like the bongos being played in my back alley, subtle.

Today I read. And did laundry. And read. And changed my sheets. And read. And made lunch. And read. You get the idea. But aside from anatomy and physiology, which is incredibly dense, full of new words, and difficult to absorb, I'm really interested in what I'm reading, so it went by pretty quickly. I've got 3 classes done, and 2 left to do tomorrow. Yay for me!

Tonight Kim's coming to get me, and we're going to Wal-Mart. She needs stuff for her place I'm guessing, and I never turn down the chance to visit Wally World! Should be good.

Now I'm off to paint some shelves for my living room. Later days!

Elizabeth

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home