That's Just Speechie!

The wandering ramblings of a Speechie Student at the UofA.

Friday, September 09, 2005

Last day of the week!

Huzzah! It's Friday, and there's an end in sight for all the work! :)

We're hanging out now, waiting to do our mid-course appraisals. We give feedback to the school about our experience, and our tutors give us one-on-one feedback regarding our progress. To start it off, they returned our Uknown Language Journals (our first assignment). I got an A! Score one for the good guys. A reward for all the hard work, I suppose. :)

Some of our group are going out salsa dancing tonight, and I think that I'll probably tag along. I don't know how to salsa, but Sydney (who is Latino) refuses to believe that the icy frosts of Canada stiffened my joints completely, and insists that he'll show me how. I think it should be fun. The crew here is the kind of group of people that can have fun no matter where they are. :)

Music is very popular here in the Czech Republic. Coming to school in the morning, I occasionally pass an old man playing the accordion. If you give him some money, he'll sing for you. I advise not giving him money.... ;) Also, we were eating dinner in a beerhall one night, and all of a sudden 3 women appeared: one with an accordion, one with a violin, and one with a tuba! They were terrible, but so much fun. They only knew 2 or 3 songs, so they just played them over, and over, and over, and over... (*oompah pah oompah pah oompah pah*!) Their repertoire included the classic Roll out the Barrel so a number of tourists joined in and sang along, which was quite entertaining.

Sunday, Megan and I are hoping to hop a bus and head out of Prague to see some of the Czech countryside. However, just as I was typing that, she called me over to her and said that someone has responded to our ad for an apartment at www.expats.cz , so maybe we will go and check that out. Who knows!

Well, it's time for my evaluation, so I should go. There won't be any posts this weekend, because I won't be at the school, so you'll have to wait in great anticipation until Monday for the weekend update.

I love you all, keep sending your emails. I love to hear about your day to day lives because it feels like I'm right there with you!

Love,
Elizabeth

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home