That's Just Speechie!

The wandering ramblings of a Speechie Student at the UofA.

Monday, June 25, 2007

Super Secret Sacks!

This week we're working on the /s/ sound, and so today we're having super secret sacks! These are paper bags filled with paper, and a small /s/ object (e.g., sock, sun, etc.). I was hoping to use shredded paper from the office, but they actually ship their shredding out. So I got creative, and stuffed the bags with toilet paper. :) Our client gets to dig through, find the object, name it, and place it in its spot on a sheet of paper. Some of the objects are extra fun. There's a sucker, a soother (the sour candy kind!), and a sour coke bottle candy. Once she's found all of the objects, and put them in their places, she gets to tell me "silly sentences," and I'll act them out. For example, "put Sam in the sock!" I think it's going to be fun.

I can't quite believe that it's Monday morning already. Friday afternoon, I went to Megs' for dinner, and on the bus there I commented that it felt like the weekend was already going by too quickly. Boy was I ever right. Megs' and I ate dinner (curry - so good!), baked brownies, and watched the rest of Firefly. Then on Saturday, Robert and I went out to his grandparents' cabin at the lake to help them get it ready for the summer. Robert was fixing a bunch of the plumbing, so I mopped up after him. :) Sadly, the plumbing wasn't totally finished by the time we left. We met up with Robert's good friend Aaron (who knows my good friend Elly, weird...), and spent the evening playing random word games and laughing hysterically. :) Sunday morning I taught Jr. Church, then Robert, Megs and I went out for lunch together. The waiter at Julio's was very concerned about Robert's choice of "nuclear" salsa... After lunch, Robert and I headed back out to the cabin, where he finished up the plumbing, and I cleaned the bejeebus out of the bathroom. We also got to spend some time visiting with his grandparents, whom I already love. :) We stopped in at my folks' place on our way back to the city, and he got to meet my grandparents. Highlight of the evening? My grandpa informing Robert that I am very precious to him. :)

And then the weekend was over! I can't believe how quickly it went by, and I also can't believe how ready I am for another. Like right now. Fortunately it's the long weekend this time around, and we've got a lazy one planned. Robert, Megs, possibly Aaron and I are all going out to the cabin, and then to the Ponoka Stampede finals. I think it's going to be a little bit more relaxed than this weekend was!! :D

Ooh, funny story. So, we all know that Shakespeare looooooooves Robert. (Apparently, he even likes him more than I do!). Well, Shakespeare has taken to trying to seduce Robert. The other evening, Robert and I were sitting on the living room floor playing crib. Shakes tried to get Robert's attention, but he was in the middle of playing a hand, so he ignored the cat. Shakes then sat down just out of reach. When Robert reached back to pet him finally, Shakes slid just a little further away. He pointedly looked off into the distance, then glance sultrily over his shoulder at Robert, and THEN he stretched out all luxuriously and sensuously. I think it's a good thing Shakes is going back to Al tomorrow... otherwise I think I'd have to fear for my life. After all, I wouldn't put it past a black cat to kill for love. :P

Ela

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home