That's Just Speechie!

The wandering ramblings of a Speechie Student at the UofA.

Sunday, May 27, 2007

Holy cow, where'd the week go?

Hi friends,

I have no idea where this week went. One minute it was the holiday Monday, and I was lazing around playing crib with a friend (whom I skunked!), and the next, it was 6.10 Friday night and our CE meeting was wrapping up.

Clinic is crazy busy, but slowing settling down. You start with doing a session of pre-assessment, then one, two or three session of assessment, and then approximately 10 weeks (20 sessions) of therapy. We're just wrapping up our assessments, and sort of finding our groove. I had the pure pleasure of reading Jillian Jiggs to an adorable four year old. Every time I'd ask her what they were doing in the pictures, she'd say "they making a mess." Not they're flying, they're dressing up, they're being monsters, they're being chickens... just "they making a mess!" *dies from the cuteness*

Friday night I went to Marble Slab with a friend, and then we were at a total loss for what to do next. We decided to check out On the Rocks, a bar that typically has live, local rock bands. This is not something that's usually overly appealing to me, as rock is the one kind of music that I don't usually listen to. However, they had this great cover band playing (Morning Wood), and we stayed for all 3 sets. I didn't get home til after 3am!

Yesterday I slept in, and then was lazy, which was great. I met up with a friend at around 3, and we drove out to the Blackfoot recreation area (by Cooking Lake) and hiked around with his dog for the afternoon. He'd brought a picnic for us, but the mosquitoes were so bad that we had to eat inside!! Luckily, he'd also brought bug spray... but it only held the majority at bay. The few, the proud, the strong... kept biting my legs... (Tangent! When I worked at Hanson's Paint back in high school, one of the contractors - Roger - came up to me one day and said: "I wish I were a mosquito, Elizabeth." "Why?" I asked. "So I could bite your legs." It was a little weird, given that he was in his 50's, and I was 15...)

Today is church, wherein I am teaching the junior church lesson on sharing. Then I'm coming home to try and get a few things done around the flat before it's back to school tomorrow morning. A friend's coming over for supper, and we're going to do some BBQing (provided it doesn't rain), and maybe play some board games. It should be fun!

Cheers,
Elizabeth

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home