That's Just Speechie!

The wandering ramblings of a Speechie Student at the UofA.

Sunday, June 03, 2007

Shakespearean Hokey Pokey

O proud left foot, that ventures quick within
Then soon upon a backward journey lithe.
Anon, once more the gesture, then begin:
Command sinistral pedestal to writhe.
Commence thou then the fervid Hokey-Poke.
A mad gyration, hips in wanton swirl.
To spin! A wilde release from heaven's yoke.
Blessed dervish! Surely canst go, girl.
The Hoke, the poke -- banish now thy doubt.
Verily, I say, 'tis what it's all about


I thought you all might like that. :) It's been another busy week, and one where I managed to get the essential stuff done, but failed to do anything beyond that. It's kind of a problem.... I suspect there might be a couple late nights trying to get caught back up!

But I had a woooooooonderful weekend, even though it's hotter than heck here in the city, and I don't handle the heat so well. :) Friday I found out that I've got the go-ahead from the department to start pursuing an international practicum placement, which is very exciting. Even if it doesn't happen, I still get to do a little planning and a little dreaming - both things that I love. Then Friday night a friend and I went for slurpees (or slurshees, as Jake and I call them) and for a walk in the river valley. It was so beautiful out. I adore living downtown, and being close enough to the valley to walk in it whenever I want.

A friend and I went out to Pigeon Lake on Saturday afternoon, and I had the almost pure, only slightly adulterated pleasure of laying in the sand and reading a good book. Sadly, the skeeters were out in full force, and I do be covered in bites! :P But it was wonderful nevertheless to bask in the sun and read. We ate dinner at a cute little cafe out there, and they had the best Greek salad ever. It was fabulous!

Today I met up with Chris and some friends of Chris to go to the Sunday afternoon symphony of Gershwin and Bartok. I was so tired that I was headbobbing, but the music was wonderful. Bits of the Bartok had me wanting to jump up and start dancing in the aisles, tired or not!!

And now it's Sunday evening, the most melancholy time of the week, and I've just had a cool bath, and am going to sit on the balcony with my book and some freezies and bask a little more.
Later days,
Ela

1 Comments:

  • At 10:58 a.m., Blogger Karlie said…

    Oooh lucky that it's warm! It's very cold up here in Red Lake (only 8C!) and no 'squitos yet, just giant blackflies.

    Would the international placement be in New Zealand?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home