That's Just Speechie!

The wandering ramblings of a Speechie Student at the UofA.

Monday, June 18, 2007

Stu, Stanley and Stella

Hey all!

We're working on s-blends with our pediatric client at the moment. Today, two giraffes (Stanley and Stella) have been stolen, and their friend Stu wants our client to help him find them. It's going to be very fun. :)

As you may have guessed, life continues to be ridiculously busy. Clinic is sort of a steady stream of things to do: sessions to plan, reports to write, materials to make. Now we've switched from our assessment class to our dysphagia (delays or deviances in swallowing) class, and it's shaping up to be to hectic, but wonderful. Nothing like starting out your morning with a little purulent sputum. :P We're about halfway through the spring session at this point, and I'm so ready for a holiday. I've gotten to that point where I can fall asleep anywhere, any time. Being in the car is almost impossible for me. Yesterday we drove from Knox to Eaton's City Centre, and I was asleep!

Robert had the unadulterated pleasure of getting to meet my family yesterday. Highlights include:
- my dad telling us about the time when he and his brother were kids, and sawed off the end of a shotgun. They then couldn't decide who would have to shoot it first, in case it blew up. They ultimately tied it to a tree, and pulled the trigger with a string. Don't we all long to date people with fathers who make SAWED OFF SHOTGUNS and fire them with PIECES OF STRING?
- my mother telling Robert that he should probably run now.
- my sister telling him that she and Brandon had basically decided to get married when they'd been dating as long as we have, and that we should really either get a ring or end it
- my mother welcoming Robert into the family after he demonstrated knowledge of a cunning plan involving a turnip.

All in all, it was actually a pretty good time, and I don't think that anyone was too disturbed by anyone else. This is good, right? :) Oh wait... everyone was disturbed when I mentioned our 'lunaversary....' I mean, we haven't been dating for a year, so it can't be an anniversary! But we have been dating for a month, so it's logical. Logical, I say!

Not too much else is new. I've started my new RA-ship, digitizing video clips into .wav files, and it's kind of fun. All the kids in the videos are from the south, and therefore have the cutest accents ever. I love hearing them say 'pie.'

Well, it's time for me to wrap this up, and go make sure Stu, Stanley and Stella are all wearing their nametags. It's a big day for them...

Love,
Ela

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • At 11:03 a.m., Blogger Karlie said…

    Wow - I so want your job! It sounds like you're enjoying it too. I love to work with kids.

    I also like the stories Rob is subjected to :P Aren't families delightful? Sean's first visit was a trial by fire, since it was my Grandpa's 80th birthday, so he met:

    Two Aunts
    3 Cousins
    1 Uncle
    Parents
    Siblings
    All Grandparents.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home