That's Just Speechie!

The wandering ramblings of a Speechie Student at the UofA.

Monday, May 14, 2007

Swiper, no swiping!

Recognize the quote in the title? Yeah, me neither. Apparently, it's from Dora the Explorer, an extremely popular TV show for little kids (kind of in the 3-5 range, I think). I also think that it's mostly a girl thing - and therefore something that I missed out on with Jake. The problem? Our little girl in clinic loves Dora. Like, wearing the t-shirt, carrying the back-pack kind of love. And I don't know it! Caillou, Sponge Bob, The Weekenders? Blues Clues? I know the quotes! I know te characters! I can SING THE BLEEDING THEME SONGS! But Dora? Dora, I know not. I may have to rent it this week to get myself caught up... ;)



Also, me and change? Not a good couple. It's like change is a 5'4" guy with halitosis and a momma's boy complex. And he's needy. And has bacne. And, and... did I mention he's short? And skinny! Yeah, real skinny. Anyhoo. Last semester, I was typically done school at about 3. Today, our meeting didn't wrap up til about 6.15. Have y'all heard the term 'hangry' before? It's when you get 'angry' when you're 'hungry.' I had a serious case of the hangry today. Also, a serious case of the "my brain shut off at 3, I kept it going til 4 because I had a client, but now I'm done." I couldn't quite yawning in my meeting with my clinical educator. I felt awful... and am contemplating sending her an email apologizing! Riding my bike home was nice, because it's so sunny, but it was also tough. The wind blows straight down the bike path... and there's a big chunk of it that's uphill. I almost couldn't pass a guy out running... *blush*

I mentioned meeting our pediatric client today - and she's a dolly. So adorable, and you can totally tell she's spunky. I bet my sister was a lot like this little girl when she was small. Willing to cooperate as long as what you're doing is interesting, but lose her attention, and you're in trouble. :) Luckily, Katie is the pro-star with the kiddos, so we're going to have wicked cool sessions. I'm looking forward to it!

So now I'm home, and I should really be doing some strength training, but I can hardly keep my eyes open. I'm thinking that going to bed with a book, or laying on the couch watching poker sounds good. I'll be... strength training... my... eyes. Yeah. THAT'S it. :P

Ok. The horizontal position is calling my name. (Damn right I'm good in bed... I can sleep for days!)

Laters!
e.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home