That's Just Speechie!

The wandering ramblings of a Speechie Student at the UofA.

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Lovely, lovely

Good morning friends!

It's a beautiful morning here - in fact, the whole weekend was gorgeous. It's funny how Alberta can go from -40* to above freezing in just a week or two.

We had a long weekend this weekend, which was fantastic. Jason and I took Jacob snowboarding twice, and we all had a good time. Jake is just learning, so I wasn't feeling totally left behind, but it made it harder for Jason to try and teach me to carve - a teacher can only teach so many students! One lady actually asked Jason what time his lesson was done at, I think in the hopes that he might be available to teach her child a thing or two. :) My carving is not carving yet - I'm still working on learning to turn, and that's not going so well. I'm much better than I was before, but I still chicken out and cancel lots of my turns halfway through. Someone needs to get over her fears. Oh well - I'll just keep going and practicing, and one day I'll get it!

Friday night we played games with one of Jason's co-wordkers and his family, and that was a lot of fun. It wound up being a really late night, and I was totally falling asleep at the te table, but it was worth it. Zombies!!! is such a great game. I just love it! And Carcasonne is cool, too - but I still don't understand the scoring. This makes it difficult to play with strategy. :)

Last night we went out for dinner with my familiy, and they were laughing at me and my stories about my attempts to snowboard. My mum leapt in with "but she does have some genetic anomalies...*" and Jason said "I know" in a very deadpan sort of way. I'm so glad I bring so much pleasure to my family.

So that was my weekend. I think this week is going to be a busy one. I'm meeting Karlie for tea today, then Jason and I are hanging out with Jake tonight. I need to get my defence presentation all together and ready to go, and I'd like to see if I can find some new (and affordable!) snowboard boots. Ah life!

Bye!
Ela

*I have a funny bone in my back that pushes my hips/legs out of alignment when I don't stand up straight. I also have abnormally short quads. My mum assures that this is why I look like a demented giraffe on rollerskates when I try to stand up from my bum when snowboarding. I'm not sure that's quite the reason, but I'll roll with it for now... :D

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home