That's Just Speechie!

The wandering ramblings of a Speechie Student at the UofA.

Sunday, February 03, 2008

Wishing...

It's been a lovely weekend. The weather's been glorious (well, comparatively!), the food's been good (dinner with Jason's family for an early celebration of Chinese New Year's), and the workload has been light (got all our clinic planning done Thursday, and my thesis proposal and ethics application are both in for editing). Nevertheless, my Sunday evening melancholy has set in (as it is wont to do), and I am feeling a wee bit wistful.

What do I wish for?

1) I wish for more motivation. While I'm on top of the things that need doing, I certainly had some extra time this weekend that could have been used to get ahead. I am not ahead. I have, however, consumed a ridiculous amount of Mini Eggs (no Eggies, those things are revolting), watched Mr. & Mrs. Smith, and somehow leveled up my WoW paladin to 70 (a fact meaning nothing to those of my readers who reside in the real world *grin*). I have friends who use extra moments to move ahead, to better themselves, to organize, to clean, to study. I use them to nap. *sigh* I wish I weren't such a lazy bum. I also wish that this wasn't something I could actually work on. Having written it down, I'm well aware that this is something I can do something about. *wink*

2) I wish there were more hours in the day, and that schedules didn't collide so often. I spent time with friends and with Jason's family this weekend, but there were at least 3 more sets of friends I'd have like to have seen, as well as perhaps seeing something of my family (tricky with no vehicle at the moment, but probably doable). Yet trying to squish plans with 8 or 12 people into weekend is kind of difficult. It also conflicts with valuable napping time (see point #1, above).

3) I wish bacon weren't so tempting. Actually, breakfast in general. How can one say no to bacon, sausage, eggs, and hashbrowns? And even though I don't really want the toast, I always have to eat at least half a slice of it... what's breakfast without some strawberry jam?!

In short, I ate all kinds of deliciously bad food this weekend, lazed about with people I like and love, and got no work done whatsoever. I'm not really looking forward to it being Monday tomorrow - let's call it a long weekend, shall we?

Love,
Elizabeth

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home