That's Just Speechie!

The wandering ramblings of a Speechie Student at the UofA.

Thursday, August 25, 2005

hi from Copenhagen

Hello all! Here I am in Copenhagen, typing quickly because everything in Denmark is very expensive. I accidentally bought dinner for 16 euros... and I was in a sort of cafeteria! I was very shocked, but it was too late by then to change it, so I tried to get 24 dollars of enjoyment out of my chicken. :)

They did not want to let me onto the airplane in Edmonton. Mum had just left, thinking I was set to go, and all of a sudden the ticket lady starts saying that I need a visa. Nonsense! I managed to stay very calm, and after checking with another woman, checking two different computer programs, and asking me what I knew about the Czech Republic, they decided it was safe for me to leave with just my passport. Phew!

The first two flights were uneventful. I sat next to pleasant women both times. We chatted a bit, but mostly did our own thing. Amber, the Lord of the Rings CDs are amazing. I just finished episode 3. Hils, I did borrow your book, it got me through the Chicago layover. Now if I can just survive this one... ;)

I got off the plane from Chicago and had the nerve to ask someone which gate my flight to Prague would leave from. The woman looked at my ticket, and said, as if I was somehow in control of this, 'you're far too early. Check again 45 minutes before your flight leaves.' I realize that other countries do things differently, but I have to admit I was a bit shocked that an international airport only knows what gates its flights leave from 45 minutes in advance!!ยด

I'm feeling very icky, so I thought I'd buy a tshirt here and change (I forgot a change of clothes in my carry on... good thing I spotted my suitcase out the window, so I know it's at least in Europe!), but the cheapest was a 10 dollar wal+mart type plain tank that they want 25 dollars for. Stinky it is then, at least til Prague and a shower.

Well, I'd better go and wander around some more. Maybe I'll go into the Hermes store and see how they treat smelly Canadians... and who knows, maybe my gate will be up. After all, it is only 2 hrs til my flight... :D

Love you all! Write to me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home